Today I want to touch on what I feel is a very important & needed organization. It’s called the Animal Legal Defense Fund.
The Animal Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit who’s mission is to protect the lives & advance the interests of animals through the legal system. ALDF accomplishes this mission by filing high-impact lawsuits to protect animals from harm, providing free legal assistance & training to prosecutors to assure that animal abusers are punished for their crimes. They also provide resources & opportunities for law students & lawyers to advance the emerging field of animal law.
Founded in 1979, ALDF fights for stronger enforcement of anti-cruelty laws & more humane treatment of animals. They are supported by thousands of dedicated attorneys and more than 200,000 members. the Animal Legal Defense Fund works to protect animals by:
- Filing groundbreaking lawsuits to stop animal abuse and expand the boundaries of animal law.
- Providing free legal assistance to prosecutors handling cruelty cases.
- Working to strengthen state anti-cruelty statutes.
- Encouraging the federal government to enforce existing animal protection laws.
- Nurturing the future of animal law through Student Animal Legal Defense Fund chapters and a Animal Law Program.
- Providing public education through seminars, workshops and other outreach efforts.
These are good humans, doing very good work. If you’d like to know more or get involved, please visit their website.
CEO Olivia ❤